Spider silk is among the strongest known biomaterials. It is the silk used for the framework of the web and it is used to catch the spider if it falls. As such, it is stronger and much more flexible than KEVLAR©. Due to its incredible mechanical properties, spider silk is being considered for use as a new biomaterial for drug delivery and tendon and ligament replacement/repair, as well as athletic gear, military applications, airbags, and tire cords. However, spiders cannot be farmed for their silk as they are cannibalistic and territorial. The most reasonable alternative for producing spider silk fibers is to utilize genetic engineering to produce the proteins in a foreign host and then spin fibers from the synthetic protein.
Spider silks possess nature’s most exceptional mechanical properties, with unrivalled extensibility and high tensile strength. All of these excellent properties make spider silks a desirable material for many applications in several different fields. However, spiders can’t be farmed. Therefore, methods of mass-producing Synthetic Spider Silk have been developed.
Companies and institutes have dedicated in the research of synthesis spider silks for many years. And several technologies have been proposed, such as modified silkworm, modified yeast fermentation, modified E. Coli fermentation, transgenic alfalfa, transgenic goat, ant others. The common ground of those technologies is that specific sequences of spider silk DNA are inserted in a foreign host to product spider silk protein and then spin fibers from the synthetic protein. Among them, the first three technologies are proven viable. Until now, there are still two barriers have stymied production. These barriers are the inability to form these proteins into a spider silk fiber with the desired mechanical characteristics, and to do this cost effectively.
At present, only four companies have realized the commercial production, Bolt Threads, Kraig Biocraft Laboratories, Spiber and AMSilk. All of them cooperate closely with the downstream companies to launch high-performance products. The downstream players including North Face, Adidas, Lexus, Warwick Mills, Patagonia and American military.
– Table of Contents
– List of Tables & Figures
– Research Methodology
According to this study, over the next five years the Synthetic Spider Silk market will register a xx% CAGR in terms of revenue, the global market size will reach US$ xx million by 2024, from US$ xx million in 2019. This report presents a comprehensive overview, market shares, and growth opportunities of Synthetic Spider Silk market by product type, application, key manufacturers and key regions and countries.
This study considers the Synthetic Spider Silk value and volume generated from the sales of the following segments:
Segmentation by product type:
- Genetically Modified Yeast Fermentation
- Genetically Modified Silkworm
- Genetically Modified E. Coli Fermentation
Segmentation by application:
- Health Care
This report also splits the market by region:
- United States
- Southeast Asia
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- GCC Countries
The report also presents the market competition landscape and a corresponding detailed analysis of the major vendor/manufacturers in the market.
The key manufacturers covered in this report:
- Bolt Threads
- Kraig Biocraft Laboratories
In addition, this report discusses the key drivers influencing market growth, opportunities, the challenges and the risks faced by key manufacturers and the market as a whole. It also analyzes key emerging trends and their impact on present and future development.
- To study and analyze the global Synthetic Spider Silk consumption (value & volume) by key regions/countries, product type and application, history data from 2014 to 2018, and forecast to 2024.
- To understand the structure of Synthetic Spider Silk market by identifying its various subsegments.
- Focuses on the key global Synthetic Spider Silk manufacturers, to define, describe and analyze the sales volume, value, market share, market competition landscape, SWOT analysis and development plans in next few years.
- To analyze the Synthetic Spider Silk with respect to individual growth trends, future prospects, and their contribution to the total market.
- To share detailed information about the key factors influencing the growth of the market (growth potential, opportunities, drivers, industry-specific challenges and risks).
- To project the consumption of Synthetic Spider Silk submarkets, with respect to key regions (along with their respective key countries).
- To analyze competitive developments such as expansions, agreements, new product launches, and acquisitions in the market.
- To strategically profile the key players and comprehensively analyze their growth strategies.
276 5th Avenue, New York , NY 10001,United States
International: (+1) 646 781 7170
Follow Us On linkedin :- https://www.linkedin.com/company/24-market-reports