Hot Briquetted Iron (HBI) is a premium form of DRI that has been compacted at a temperature greater than 650 C at time of compaction and has a density greater than 5,000 kilograms per cubic metre (5,000 kg/m3).Hot Briquetted Iron (HBI) was developed as a product in order to overcome the problems associated with shipping and handling of DRI – due to the process of compaction it is very much less porous and therefore very much less reactive than DRI and does not suffer from the risk of self-heating associated with DRI.
Hot Briquetted Iron (HBI) is a form of direct reduced iron (DRI) with high iron content (>90%), high density greater than 5,000 kilograms per cubic meter, and has compaction temperature greater than 650 C. Hot Briquetted Iron (HBI) is produced by reducing iron ore with natural gas in the form of briquettes. These briquettes are produced using the fluid bed process under temperature of 700 C and high pressing forces. HBI is used as a supplement scrap for electric furnace steel mills and pig iron.
The classification of Hot Briquetted Iron (HBI) includes Fe Content 90-92% and Fe Content >92%. The proportion of Fe Content 90-92% in 2018 is about 77%.Hot briquetted iron is application in Electric Arc Furnaces, Blast Furnaces, and Basic Oxygen Furnaces. The most of Hot briquetted iron is used in Electric Arc Furnaces, and the market share in 2018 is about 76%. Rising demand for Hot Briquetted Iron (HBI) to overcome problems associated with DRI during shipping and handling is driving the global Hot Briquetted Iron (HBI) market. Compaction process of HBI is less porous and reactive than DRI; therefore, it does not create self-heating issues. This, in turn, is anticipated to propel the demand for global Hot Briquetted Iron (HBI) market during the forecast period. Additionally, most manufacturers of steel across the globe are shifting their modes of production of steel from traditional blast furnace technology to electric furnace process due to increasing environmental pollution.
Global Hot Briquetted Iron (HBI) market size will increase to 3721.9 Million US$ by 2025, from 2656 Million US$ in 2018, at a CAGR of 2.6% during the forecast period.
In this study, 2018 has been considered as the base year and 2019 to 2025 as the forecast period to estimate the market size for Hot Briquetted Iron (HBI).This report researches the worldwide Hot Briquetted Iron (HBI) market size (value, capacity, production and consumption) in key regions like North America, Europe, South America, Middle East&Africa, India and Southeast Asia.
This study categorizes the global Hot Briquetted Iron (HBI) breakdown data by manufacturers, region, type and application, also analyzes the market status, market share, growth rate, future trends, market drivers, opportunities and challenges, risks and entry barriers, sales channels, distributors and Porter’s Five Forces Analysis.
The following manufacturers Of Hot Briquetted Iron (HBI) are covered in this report:
- Orinoco Iron
- Jindal Shadeed
- Qatar Steel
- Essar Steel
- Lion Group
- JSW Steel
Hot Briquetted Iron (HBI) Breakdown Data by Type
- Fe Content 90-92%
- Fe Content >92%
In 2018, Fe Content 90-92% accounted for a major share of 73% in the global Hot Briquetted Iron (HBI) market. And this product segment is poised to reach 2707 K MT by 2025 from 1954 K MT in 2018.
Hot Briquetted Iron (HBI) Breakdown Data by Application
- Electric Arc Furnaces
- Blast Furnaces
- Basic Oxygen Furnaces
The largest mIn Hot Briquetted Iron (HBI) market, Electric Arc Furnaces segment holds an important share in terms of application, and it is expected to reach a volume of 9369 (K MT) by 2025. It means that Hot Briquetted Iron (HBI) will be promising in the Electric Arc Furnaces field in the next couple of years.Market share is Electric Arc Furnaces.
Hot Briquetted Iron (HBI) Production Breakdown Data by Region
- North America
- South America
- Middle East&Africa
- Southeast Asia
Hot Briquetted Iron (HBI) Consumption Breakdown Data by Region
- North America
- United States
- South Korea
- Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
The study objectives are:
- To analyze and research the global Hot Briquetted Iron (HBI) capacity, production, value, consumption, status and forecast;
- To focus on the key Hot Briquetted Iron (HBI) manufacturers and study the capacity, production, value, market share and development plans in next few years.
- To focuses on the global key manufacturers, to define, describe and analyze the market competition landscape, SWOT analysis.
- To define, describe and forecast the market by type, application and region.
- To analyze the global and key regions market potential and advantage, opportunity and challenge, restraints and risks.
- To identify significant trends and factors driving or inhibiting the market growth.
- To analyze the opportunities in the market for stakeholders by identifying the high growth segments.
- To strategically analyze each submarket with respect to individual growth trend and their contribution to the market.
- To analyze competitive developments such as expansions, agreements, new product launches, and acquisitions in the market.
- To strategically profile the key players and comprehensively analyze their growth strategies.
In this study, the years considered to estimate the market size of Hot Briquetted Iron (HBI) :
- History Year: 2014-2018
- Base Year: 2018
- Estimated Year: 2019
- Forecast Year 2019 to 2025
For the data information by region, company, type and application, 2018 is considered as the base year. Whenever data information was unavailable for the base year, the prior year has been considered.
Table of content
Global Hot Briquetted Iron (HBI) Market Insights, Forecast to 2025
1 Study Coverage
1.1 Hot Briquetted Iron (HBI) Product Introduction
1.2 Key Market Segments in This Study
1.3 Key Manufacturers Covered
1.4 Market by Type
1.4.1 Global Hot Briquetted Iron (HBI) Market Size Growth Rate by Type
1.4.2 Fe Content 90-92%
1.4.3 Fe Content >92%
1.5 Market by Application
1.5.1 Global Hot Briquetted Iron (HBI) Market Size Growth Rate by Application
1.5.2 Electric Arc Furnaces
1.5.3 Blast Furnaces
1.5.4 Basic Oxygen Furnaces
1.6 Study Objectives
1.7 Years Considered
2 Executive Summary
2.1 Global Hot Briquetted Iron (HBI) Production
2.1.1 Global Hot Briquetted Iron (HBI) Revenue 2014-2025
2.1.2 Global Hot Briquetted Iron (HBI) Production 2014-2025
2.1.3 Global Hot Briquetted Iron (HBI) Capacity 2014-2025
2.1.4 Global Hot Briquetted Iron (HBI) Marketing Pricing and Trends
2.2 Hot Briquetted Iron (HBI) Growth Rate (CAGR) 2019-2025
2.3 Analysis of Competitive Landscape
2.3.1 Manufacturers Market Concentration Ratio (CR5 and HHI)
2.3.2 Key Hot Briquetted Iron (HBI) Manufacturers
188.8.131.52 Hot Briquetted Iron (HBI) Manufacturing Base Distribution, Headquarters
184.108.40.206 Manufacturers Hot Briquetted Iron (HBI) Product Offered
Critical Questions Addressed by the Report
- What are the current trends that are driving the Hot Briquetted Iron (HBI) market?
- Where will all these developments take the industry in the mid- to long-term?
- Who are the top vendors in the Hot Briquetted Iron (HBI) market and what is their competitive analysis?
- How is adoption of Hot Briquetted Iron (HBI) solutions among different industries?
- How is the adoption of Hot Briquetted Iron (HBI) solutions among different regions?
North Main Road Koregaon Park, Pune, India – 411001.
Asia: +91 8329744015
Follow Us On linkedin :- https://www.linkedin.com/company/24chemicalresearch/