The procedure utilized in the manufacture of chlorine, caustic soda, and other sodium and chlorine-based derivatives or products like chlorinated paraffin, hydrochloric acid, bleaching powder, sodium hypochlorite, and hydrogen gas is called Chlor-Alkali. The procedure involves the creation of the products as mentioned above through the electrolysis of sodium chloride solution. Caustic soda, chlorine gas, and soda ash are the primary products of the chlor-alkali sector.
The food and paper industries, augmented use in the pulp, increased requirements in the automobile and construction sector are the major drivers contributing to the growth of this market. Manufacturers are focusing and setting up facilities to make allied products proficiently as increasing gradation and industrialization are taking place to make chlorine. To reduce the harm to the environment almost all the procedures in the world are shifting their center of attention towards making Chlor-Alkali chemicals by the use of membrane cell technology.
Noteworthy investments are expected to happen in the booming alumina industry during the forecast period. With the boost in the alumina market, the boost in caustic soda market is set to happen with caustic soda being the raw material used in the refining procedure of alumina. This will even boost the market for the Chlor-Alkali chemical industry in the extended run.
Global Chlor-Alkali market size will increase to 147800 Million US$ by 2025, from 97000 Million US$ in 2018, at a CAGR of 5.4% during the forecast period.
In this study, 2018 has been considered as the base year and 2019 to 2025 as the forecast period to estimate the market size for Chlor-Alkali.
The environmental impact taking place through the procedure is the initial major challenge for the industry. The emission of carbon and mercury are the reasons for concerns. However, the procedure is an extremely energy-intensive process, and the augmented energy demand is expected to hamper the expansion.
Caustic soda and soda ash are the segregations of the Chlor-Alkali sector based on the products segment. The primary function for chlorine is polyvinyl chloride including organic chemicals, for soda ash. It’s mainly applied in the glass market whereas the caustic soda is mainly applied in the areas of inorganic chemicals and the paper industry. Soda ash is mainly produced by utilizing the Solvay procedure. Chlorine and caustic soda are generated by the process of electrolysis by a mercury cell.
With the increase in demand in emerging countries such as India and China, the Chlor-Alkali industry is expected to register a remarkable growth. Even the growing requirement in the application industries such as inorganic and organic chemicals is expected to boost the chlor-alkali market over the forecast period.
The high production of Chlor-Alkali derivatives and products is also boosting the growth of the market. Besides, the development of technology utilized in the procedure to create it environmentally practicable and less energy concentrated is expected to give the industry a big boost over the forecast period.
With the demand for Chlor-Alkali in different industries, North America is expected to capture maximum revenue over the forecast period. Europe is expected to be followed by North America in the forecast period.
The following manufacturers Of Chlor-Alkali are covered in this report:
- Olin Corporation
- Tata Chemicals Limited
- Occidental Petroleum Corporation
- Axiall Corporation
- Formosa Plastic Corporation
- Hanwha Chemical Corporation
- Tosoh Corporation
- Nirma Limited
Chlor-Alkali Breakdown Data by Type
- Caustic soda
- Soda ash
Chlor-Alkali Breakdown Data by Application
- Soaps & detergents
- Water treatment
- Pulp & paper
- Other applications
Chlor-Alkali Production Breakdown Data by Region
- United States
- Other Regions
Chlor-Alkali Consumption Breakdown Data by Region
- North America
- United States
- South Korea
- Rest of Europe
- Central & South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The study objectives are:
- To analyze and research the global Chlor-Alkali capacity, production, value, consumption, status and forecast;
- To focus on the key Chlor-Alkali manufacturers and study the capacity, production, value, market share and development plans in next few years.
- To focuses on the global key manufacturers, to define, describe and analyze the market competition landscape, SWOT analysis.
- To define, describe and forecast the market by type, application and region.
- To analyze the global and key regions market potential and advantage, opportunity and challenge, restraints and risks.
- To identify significant trends and factors driving or inhibiting the market growth.
- To analyze the opportunities in the market for stakeholders by identifying the high growth segments.
- To strategically analyze each submarket with respect to individual growth trend and their contribution to the market.
- To analyze competitive developments such as expansions, agreements, new product launches, and acquisitions in the market.
- To strategically profile the key players and comprehensively analyze their growth strategies.
In this study, the years considered to estimate the market size of Chlor-Alkali :
- History Year: 2014-2018
- Base Year: 2018
- Estimated Year: 2019
- Forecast Year 2019 to 2025
For the data information by region, company, type and application, 2018 is considered as the base year. Whenever data information was unavailable for the base year, the prior year has been considered.
Reasons to Purchase this Report:
- Estimates 2019-2024 Chlor-Alkali market development trends with the recent trends and SWOT analysis
- Market dynamics scenario, along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come
- Market segmentation analysis including qualitative and quantitative research incorporating the impact of economic and policy aspects
- Regional and country level analysis integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market.
- Market value (USD Million) and volume (Units Million) data for each segment and sub-segment
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players, along with the new projects and strategies adopted by players in the past five years
- Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players
Table of content
Global Chlor-Alkali Market Research Report 2019-2025, by Manufacturers, Regions, Types and Applications
1 Study Coverage
1.1 Chlor-Alkali Product
1.2 Key Market Segments in This Study
1.3 Key Manufacturers Covered
1.4 Market by Type
1.4.1 Global Chlor-Alkali Market Size Growth Rate by Type
1.4.3 Caustic soda
1.4.4 Soda ash
1.5 Market by Application
1.5.1 Global Chlor-Alkali Market Size Growth Rate by Application
1.5.4 Soaps & detergents
1.5.6 Water treatment
1.5.7 Pulp & paper
1.5.8 Other applications
1.6 Study Objectives
1.7 Years Considered
2 Executive Summary
2.1 Global Chlor-Alkali Production
2.1.1 Global Chlor-Alkali Revenue 2014-2025
2.1.2 Global Chlor-Alkali Production 2014-2025
2.1.3 Global Chlor-Alkali Capacity 2014-2025
2.1.4 Global Chlor-Alkali Marketing Pricing and Trends
2.2 Chlor-Alkali Growth Rate (CAGR) 2019-2025
2.3 Analysis of Competitive Landscape
2.3.1 Manufacturers Market Concentration Ratio (CR5 and HHI)
2.3.2 Key Chlor-Alkali Manufacturers
2.4 Market Drivers, Trends and Issues
2.5 Macroscopic Indicator
2.5.1 GDP for Major Regions
2.5.2 Price of Raw Materials in Dollars: Evolution
North Main Road Koregaon Park, Pune, India – 411001.
Asia: +91 8329744015
Follow Us On linkedin :- https://www.linkedin.com/company/24chemicalresearch/