Chlor-alkali is an industrial process for the electrolysis of sodium chloride. It is the technology used to produce chlorine and sodium hydroxide (lye/caustic soda), which are commodity chemicals required by industry. 35 million tons of chlorine were prepared by this process in 1987. Industrial scale production began in 1892.
Usually the process is conducted on a brine (an aqueous solution of NaCl), in which case NaOH, hydrogen, and chlorine result. When using calcium chloride or potassium chloride, the products contain calcium or potassium instead of sodium. Related processes are known that use molten NaCl to give chlorine and sodium metal or condensed hydrogen chloride to give hydrogen and chlorine.
In 2017, Asia-Pacific was the largest market for Chlor-alkali products. The region is projected to register the highest growth rate, both in terms of value and volume, owing to high demand from emerging countries of the region. China is the largest chlor-alkali market globally with the highest demand. The region also drives the market owing to the presence of emerging markets, availability of raw materials, and lower labor costs.
Global Chlor-Alkali market size will increase to 147800 Million US$ by 2025, from 97000 Million US$ in 2018, at a CAGR of 5.4% during the forecast period.
In this study, 2018 has been considered as the base year and 2019 to 2025 as the forecast period to estimate the market size for Chlor-Alkali.This report researches the worldwide Chlor-Alkali market size (value, capacity, production and consumption) in key regions like United States, Europe, Asia Pacific (China, Japan) and other regions.
This study categorizes the global Chlor-Alkali breakdown data by manufacturers, region, type and application, also analyzes the market status, market share, growth rate, future trends, market drivers, opportunities and challenges, risks and entry barriers, sales channels, distributors and Porter’s Five Forces Analysis.
The following manufacturers Of Chlor-Alkali are covered in this report:
- Olin Corporation
- Tata Chemicals Limited
- Occidental Petroleum Corporation
- Axiall Corporation
- Formosa Plastic Corporation
- Hanwha Chemical Corporation
- Tosoh Corporation
- Nirma Limited
Chlor-Alkali Breakdown Data by Type
- Caustic soda
- Soda ash
Chlor-Alkali Breakdown Data by Application
- Soaps & detergents
- Water treatment
- Pulp & paper
- Other applications
Chlor-Alkali Production Breakdown Data by Region
- United States
- Other Regions
Chlor-Alkali Consumption Breakdown Data by Region
- North America
- United States
- South Korea
- Rest of Europe
- Central & South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The study objectives are:
- To analyze and research the global Chlor-Alkali capacity, production, value, consumption, status and forecast;
- To focus on the key Chlor-Alkali manufacturers and study the capacity, production, value, market share and development plans in next few years.
- To focuses on the global key manufacturers, to define, describe and analyze the market competition landscape, SWOT analysis.
- To define, describe and forecast the market by type, application and region.
- To analyze the global and key regions market potential and advantage, opportunity and challenge, restraints and risks.
- To identify significant trends and factors driving or inhibiting the market growth.
- To analyze the opportunities in the market for stakeholders by identifying the high growth segments.
- To strategically analyze each submarket with respect to individual growth trend and their contribution to the market.
- To analyze competitive developments such as expansions, agreements, new product launches, and acquisitions in the market.
- To strategically profile the key players and comprehensively analyze their growth strategies.
In this study, the years considered to estimate the market size of Chlor-Alkali :
- History Year: 2014-2018
- Base Year: 2018
- Estimated Year: 2019
- Forecast Year 2019 to 2025
For the data information by region, company, type and application, 2018 is considered as the base year. Whenever data information was unavailable for the base year, the prior year has been considered.
Table of content
Global Chlor-Alkali Market Research Report 2019-2025, by Manufacturers, Regions, Types and Applications
1 Study Coverage
1.1 Chlor-Alkali Product
1.2 Key Market Segments in This Study
1.3 Key Manufacturers Covered
1.4 Market by Type
1.4.1 Global Chlor-Alkali Market Size Growth Rate by Type
1.4.3 Caustic soda
1.4.4 Soda ash
1.5 Market by Application
1.5.1 Global Chlor-Alkali Market Size Growth Rate by Application
1.5.4 Soaps & detergents
1.5.6 Water treatment
1.5.7 Pulp & paper
1.5.8 Other applications
1.6 Study Objectives
1.7 Years Considered
2 Executive Summary
2.1 Global Chlor-Alkali Production
2.1.1 Global Chlor-Alkali Revenue 2014-2025
2.1.2 Global Chlor-Alkali Production 2014-2025
2.1.3 Global Chlor-Alkali Capacity 2014-2025
2.1.4 Global Chlor-Alkali Marketing Pricing and Trends
2.2 Chlor-Alkali Growth Rate (CAGR) 2019-2025
2.3 Analysis of Competitive Landscape
2.3.1 Manufacturers Market Concentration Ratio (CR5 and HHI)
2.3.2 Key Chlor-Alkali Manufacturers
2.4 Market Drivers, Trends and Issues
2.5 Macroscopic Indicator
2.5.1 GDP for Major Regions
2.5.2 Price of Raw Materials in Dollars: Evolution
Critical Questions Addressed by the Report
- What are the current trends that are driving the Chlor-Alkali market?
- Where will all these developments take the industry in the mid- to long-term?
- Who are the top vendors in the Chlor-Alkali market and what is their competitive analysis?
- How is adoption of Chlor-Alkali solutions among different industries?
- How is the adoption of Chlor-Alkali solutions among different regions?
North Main Road Koregaon Park, Pune, India – 411001.
Asia: +91 8329744015
Follow Us On linkedin :- https://www.linkedin.com/company/24chemicalresearch/